By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
OkMzansiOkMzansi
  • Home
  • Celeb News
  • Music
  • Lists
  • TV
  • Lifestyle
  • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Advertise
Search
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Bonko Khoza Addresses Sexual Assault Allegations Made by Nirvana Nokwe-Mseleku
Share
Sign In
Notification Show More
Aa
OkMzansiOkMzansi
Aa
  • Home
  • Celeb News
  • Music
  • Lists
  • TV
  • Lifestyle
  • Contact Us
Search
  • Home
  • Celeb News
  • Music
  • Lists
  • TV
  • Lifestyle
  • Contact Us
    • About Us
    • Advertise
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
OkMzansi > Blog > Celeb News > TV > Bonko Khoza Addresses Sexual Assault Allegations Made by Nirvana Nokwe-Mseleku
Celeb NewsTV

Bonko Khoza Addresses Sexual Assault Allegations Made by Nirvana Nokwe-Mseleku

Reabetswe Hlalane
Last updated: 2026/05/19 at 7:20 PM
Reabetswe Hlalane
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Actor Bonko Khoza has denied allegations of sexual misconduct made against him by actress Nirvana Nokwe-Mseleku following an incident that allegedly took place on the set of Red Ink in September 2023.

The allegations surfaced after Nirvana opened up about her experience and the impact it had on her acting career. She claimed that during the filming of a scene, Bonko allegedly pushed his private parts against her when he was supposed to push her against a car bonnet and lie on top of her before moving out of the shot.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Nirvana Nokwe (@nirvananokwe)

“I’m never going back to acting. I will never put myself in a position where I am being told that my body is not mine. I’m never going to put myself in an ecosystem that isn’t sustainable. I’m not going to waste my precious life just to be seen by millions of people across the continent, dare I say even the world,” she said.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Bonko Cosmo Khoza (@bonkokhoza)

On Monday, 18 May 2026, Bonko released a three-page statement on Instagram denying all allegations of sexual misconduct. According to the actor, the matter had already been investigated internally and by the police, and no prosecution was pursued.

In his statement, Bonko explained that the scene in question had been rehearsed beforehand with Nirvana, the director of photography, the director and the stunt coordinator present.

He further stated that there were more than 12 crew members on set during filming, including the stunt coordinator, and that none of them reported behaviour resembling the allegations made by Nirvana.

Bonko also revealed that after viewing the unedited footage on 30 November 2023, all relevant parties concluded that they had not witnessed any sexual misconduct. However, he later learnt on 21 May 2024 that Nirvana had opened a case against him. He said authorities later decided not to prosecute the matter after obtaining his sworn statement.

“I believe the allegations raised by Ms Nokwe-Mseleku are serious and must always be treated with the serious nature they deserve, not only for Ms Nokwe-Mseleku’s sake but for victims of sexual assault in and out of the film and tv industry. I stand by victims of sexual assault, however, deny that I sexually assaulted, thrusted upon or committed any misconduct in respect of Ms Nokwe-Mseleku and the production,” he said.

Bonko also spoke about the emotional impact the allegations have had on him and his family over the past two-and-a-half years.

“I have genuinely tried to approach the situation with compassion. I have made every effort to understand the basis for Ms Nokwe-Mseleku’s allegations, even when they were deeply hurtful and unfounded,” read the statement.

“The past two-and-a-half years have been painful. Being falsely accused of a sex crime is devastating for anyone, but as a husband and the father of a young daughter, the emotional toll has been indescribable. My family has suffered alongside me. My integrity, my career and my role as a parent were all placed under a cloud because of an allegation that has been disproven by footage, by witnesses and by the legal process.”

Join OkMzansi WhatsApp Channel | OkMzansi

Join 'OkMzansi' WhatsApp Channel

Get the latest South African entertainment news, trending stories, and viral updates straight to your WhatsApp.

CLICK HERE TO JOIN
Reabetswe Hlalane May 19, 2026 May 19, 2026
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Anele Mdoda’s Team Roasts Her With Hilarious Birthday Cake
Next Article Clement Maosa Shows Off His Dream Car
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Clement Maosa Shows Off His Dream Car
Celeb News TV May 19, 2026
Anele Mdoda’s Team Roasts Her With Hilarious Birthday Cake
Celeb News May 19, 2026
Rachel Kolisi Shares Hospital Photos and Recovery Update
Celeb News TV May 19, 2026
Rachel Kolisi Opens Up About Creating Stability for Her Children
Celeb News TV May 19, 2026

OKMzansi

- Advertisement -
Follow US
© OkMzansi. By Nine80 Digital
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?