5 Things You Need To Know About Groundbreaking Model Thando Hopa! Thando Hopa is a woman on fire making major moves and using her voice and platform to shed light on important issues in our community.
The beauty recently made headlines when she became the first South African woman to grace the cover of Vogue Portugal. She has previously covered other major magazines like Glamour SA and Marie Claire SA Power Issue. This world needs to know more about the iconic woman in the making, here’s where to start.
1. Thando Hopa was born in Sebokeng and raised in Lenasia South with two older siblings. She is 30 years old.
2. She’s a lawyer by profession, a successful model and an activist.
3. Acting is her main love, however she once admitted that the roles that come her way are very boxing and limiting.
4. In 2018, she was named by BBC as one of the 100 most influential women in the world.
5. She is the first black South African ever to feature in the Pirelli Calendar alongside Naomi Campbell, Diddy, Lupita Nyong’o amongst others.
I once said to a close friend that it would really be lovely to see a woman with albinism on a Vogue Cover, I would not have imagined that that woman would be me. “We are the ones we have been waiting for” @vogueportugal April 2019 pic.twitter.com/7bTmqKuSlo
— Thando Hopa (@thando_hopa) April 2, 2019