Celeb NewsLocal

Kenneth Nkosi Walks Free Following Arrest On Common Assault Charges

Kenneth Nkosi Walks Free Following Arrest On Common Assault Charges! Earlier this week, the actor was accused of assaulting his girlfriend up at the BlackAnt Lounge in Newtown, Johannesburg last weekend. 

A case was opened and the actor later handed himself over to the police on Wednesday where he got held until Thursday when he was scheduled to appear at the Johannesburg Magistrate’s court. According to the NPA, the actor did not appear in court as the charges against him were dropped by the prosecuting authority.

And now he is walking free. “Kenneth Nkosi did not appear in court because the NPA refused to enroll the matter as there were no prospects of a successful prosecution,” NPA spokesperson, Phindi Mjonondwane confirmed to DRUM.

Surprisingly, the woman who pressed the charges was not aware that charges against Nkosi were dropped and said she would continue fighting.

“I am not aware of any charges being dropped because I do not plan to drop them. As far as I know, he couldn’t appear in court because of a lack of evidence but the police said they were collecting evidence against him and he is currently out on bail,” she told DRUM.

Related Articles

Close