She is one of the rising stars to watch in Mzansi. Having starred in some of the biggest soapies and drama series in the country, it’s only a matter of time before she gets her own SAFTA. In the meantime, check out 8 things you didn’t know about Fikile Mthwalo.
1. Fikile Mthwalo was born in Lesotho on the 13th of April 1989. She lived there and only moved to South Africa when she was in grade 11. She has one little brother who lives in Cape Town.
2. Fikile’s mom was born Muslim and her dad was born Christian. Her parentss however gave her and her brother the choice of choosing themselves.
3. Her father is from Lesotho and her mom is Kenyan/Tanzanian. She can understand Swahili but speaks English and Sesotho.
4. She is married to actor Atandwa Kani. The two have co-starred together in a local production, It’s Complicated.
5. The actress studied Dramatic Arts at University of Cape Town and did her Honors in Film Studies in 2012. She is currently doing her Masters in acting at the Tisch School of Arts at NYU.
6. Her first big break came in 2014 when she joined Isidingo she later went on to star in Mzansi Magic’s It’s Complicated, and e.tv’s Gold Diggers.
7. Fikile was one of the Top 24 finalists in an O-Access Presenter Search on Channel O in 2010. Other Top 24 finalists included Khanyi Mbau and eventual winner Dineo Moeketsi.
8. She has been in numerous television commercials including Nivea UK, Metropolitan, PEP, Shoprite, Ponds, Omo, Hi-Malt Nigeria and Etiselat Nigeria.